An Education to Change Your Path
Prepare yourself for a new career in the heavy duty truck or heavy duty equipment industry by studying at the Hinds Diesel Technology Academy. Students will become certified to maintain and repair industrial diesel equipment across a variety of specialties. All students will receive supervised work experiences, experience hands-on classes, and prepare to diagnose and service malfunctions, inspect equipment properly, perform routine maintenance, and repair or replace malfunctioning parts.
- 3 degree options
- ASE-based certification
- Accelerated 14-month program leading to a certificate
- All students will inspect and work on industry-comparable equipment
- All students receive funding through the internship or apprenticeship program
Areas of Specialty Training:
- Electronic Controlled Diesel Engines
- Hydraulic and Mechanical Power Trains
- Basic and Advanced Hydraulics
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Mobile Air Conditioning and Heating
- Preventive Maintenance
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Air Brakes
All students accepted into the Hinds Diesel program will be funded with an internship or apprenticeship. All students will meet with a curriculum expert who will help them decide which program is right for them. And because classes start 5 times per year, students have the flexibility of pursuing their automotive passions whenever they desire.
The Hinds Diesel Technology Academy is suited for individuals who want to excel in the automotive industry. Students will receive hands-on training and, upon graduating from the program, will be equipped to join the workforce. Students who have completed the program have gone on to become fleet preventative maintenance technicians, truck or truck engine dealer technicians, or material handling equipment repair technicians. Apply today to start learning tomorrow.