Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician - Biloxi, MS
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician – Biloxi, MS
Location: Biloxi, MS
Stribling Equipment, LLC is one of the largest John Deere Dealership selling new and used construction, compaction, forestry, and concrete equipment in Mississippi, West Tennessee, and Arkansas. We also provide parts, services, rentals, and training services. Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to join our team in Biloxi, Mississippi.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Remove and install parts on machines.
- Disassemble, clean, repair and reassemble components for machines.
- Follow logical steps to troubleshoot the cause of problems with machines.
- Work with the parts department to order all parts needed for specific machines.
- Run tests as required and make adjustments to engine, components, and machine systems as determined by the test results.
- Prepare machines for delivery and inspect and operate machines prior to delivery.
- Continue education through John Deere training classes for new technologies.
- Keep up to date with advancements in tooling requirements for new technologies.
- Accurately report service work performed in a timely manner.
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Flexibility to work long hours as needed.
To be considered for the Field Service Technician opportunity, you must have:
- A candidate for this position must be able to perform all of the above Job Responsibilities and should possess many of the qualifications listed below:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Three years of experience as heavy equipment technician.
- Experience on John Deere Construction, Forestry or similar equipment.
- Proficient in mechanical systems (transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.).
- Ability to diagnose and repair equipment and components in the field.
- Experience with a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Strong math skills.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to understand the customer’s expectations and work to exceed them.
- Ability to work in the field without supervision.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Maintain a sufficient tool inventory to perform assigned tasks.
- Willingness and ability to comply with company safety requirements and maintain safe working habits.
Some of the Benefits:
- Great Wages
- First-class Service Trucks
- Exceptional Incentives & Benefits
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- In-house Training
- Advancement Opportunities
This is a drug free work place. Successful candidate must submit to a drug test upon accepting this position.
If this opportunity isn’t right for you, please pass it on!
Equal Opportunity Employer